URI:The Surgical Strike(Movie) – Here is everything you should know about it
This movie is based on the 2016 surgical strike by Indian Army on Pak administered Kashmir for the Uri attack. Producer “Ronnie Screwvala” announced the movie just one year after the surgical strike in September 2017. Since the strike went on for 11 days the movie shows everything imagined to have happened in those days.
2016 Uri Attack(Actual story)
On 18 September 2016 at around 5:30 am four militants attacked on an Indian Army brigade headquarters in Uri(Jammu & Kashmir), near the line of control in a pre-dawn ambush. 19 army officers were killed during the attack and around 100 soldiers were injured. Then a gun battle between those militants and Indian army started which lasted six hours, resulted in killing the four militants.
Most soldiers killed during the combat were from Dogra Regiment and Bihar Regiment. This was the time when Bihar Regiment was replacing troops from Dogra Regiment. The incoming troops were housed in the tent and the attackers snuck into the camp, breaching heavy security and seemed to know exactly where to strike. Out 19 officers killed seven were support staff, including cooks and barbers.
This attack was reported as the “deadliest attack on security forces in Kashmir in two decades”. The Director General of military operations, Lieutenant-General Ranbir Singh, said that there was the evidence that the attackers were belonged to Jaish-e-Mohammad. He established a hotline contact with his Pakistani counterparts and conveyed India’s serious concern over the issue.
- Vicky Kaushal as Major Vihan Singh Shergill
- Yami Gautam as Pallavi Sharma / Jasmine (RAW agent)
- Paresh Rawal as Govind Bhardwaj (Character based on Ajit Doval)
- Kirti Kulhari as Seerat Kaur, An IAF Officer
- Rajit Kapur as Prime minister Of India (Character based on Narendra Modi)
- Mohit Raina as Major Karan Kashyap
- Shishir Sharma as General Arjun Singh Rajawat (Character based on Gen Dalbir Singh)
- Mansi Parekh as Neha Kashyap
- Ivan Rodrigues as Brian D’souza